As money matters a lot in the business and everyone needs it at every stage to run the business smoothly but everyone cannot afford the same, so some web hosting companies decided to offer their hosting services at free of cost. But there are particular types of clients or customers who avail the services of free hosting providers, for instance beginners or start-ups who don’t have enough money in their hand in the starting for investment, for them this is the good option. Same is with the business owners who start or have their business on the small scale and for the budding entrepreneurs also it is an attractive option as the cost associated with the hosting is eliminated here.
On the other hand, the multinational companies, the persons who are operating their business on the large scale and individuals having sound financial position are mostly the clients or customers of professional web hosting providers.
However, it is necessary that everyone who wants to avail the services of web hosting providers, they must understand the major differences between the professional web hosting providers and free web hosting providers.
- The first major difference between the two providers is the domain address they offered to their clients. Free web hosting providers offer a domain address which include their company’s name in the URL and by this professional image of the business or company also gets affected. And professional web hosting providers offer a personalised domain address which creates a different or unique identity for the online businesses.
- Professional web hosting companies are more reliable than free web hosting companies. Former one offers great uptime (99.9 percent uptime) as compared to the latter one which offers more downtime which leads to the loss of revenues, profit, clients and thus businesses.
- Unprofessional links and unnecessary ads display more on the free web hosting platform which leads to frustration. This platform is mainly used by the spammers so as to build dummy websites. On the contrary, professional web hosting platform do not display irrelevant ads and links and thus leads to higher ranking in the search engine and better online accessibility.
- Bandwidth and disk space matters a lot while choosing any web hosting plan. Professional web hosting providers allow their clients to select their best web hosting package containing the required amount of bandwidth and disk space among all the available plans which allows them to upload the images, graphics, text, maps and many more content on the site and also transfer them easily. And free web hosting providers offer bandwidth and disk space in a limited qty. which sometimes make businesses wait to modify the content of their website for the longer period. Such kind of issues is not experienced while using professional hosting services.
- Free web hosting platforms do not offer great level of customer service and technical support. The complicated websites which rely on Perl scripts, Myself Databases and PHP faces severe issues. On the contrary, paid web hosting companies offers 24 hrs customer service and excellent technical support via live chat, e-mail or phone. This leads to the peace of mind at the difficult time also.