Godaddy.com: Company Overview
Godaddy.com is a world`s leading domain registrar. It had become publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. Formerly know as “Jomax Technologies, Inc” and changed the name Go Daddy Software, Inc. in 1999.
Services Offered: Web Hosting and Domain name provider, website builders, productivity solutions, and online security
Key Selling Points:
- World’s largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses
- Internet domain name registrar and web hosting behemoth
Headquarter: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
- GoDaddy acquired ManageWP founded in 2010 in Belgrade, Serbia’s. It is a multi-site WordPress management tool that lets users managed multiple websites from a single centralized dashboard. Services offered by ManageWP includes website monitoring, backups, automated migration, deployment, publishing. GoDaddy would offer free value-added services to prospective and existing customers. (PAUL SAWERS SEPTEMBER 6, 2016 6:50 AM)
- Launched community based app ‘Flare’ to share and gather feedback within a ‘trusted community’. People can share expertise in their respective areas to those who need advice. Flare has user interface i.e look and feel of social media. App is available at Apple store.
- Idea generation, sharing and feedback: GoDaddy App Flare for New Business Ideas Now Available On Android Devices available for download in the Google Play store (SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ GoDaddy Inc) is getting huge response.
No. of Customers: 14 million and managing approx. 62 million domain names
Target Customers: Small companies
Chief Product Officer : Steven Aldrich
Reliability and Uptime Report
GoDaddy provides rocky uptimes and after a month things become pretty stable. Moreover, after the server is full it does not need to reload regularly. GoDaddy has achieved 99.9% uptime last week. With 157 existing domains were deleted, 119 domains were transferred away and 1740 new domains were registered with GoDaddy and 334 domains were transferred to GoDaddy from other web hosts. As per social media content and conversations, GoDaddy has 88.64% positive user response.
Plan and Pricing
It has various plans in affordable and reasonable price. It has 4 hosting plans, they are – Economy – Host a single website, Deluxe – Host multiple websites, Ultimate – Host multiple websites + SSL and Starter. You can choose any of the one as per your need and budget. These all plans offer unlimited bandwidth.
Features and Control Panel
GoDaddy major features are: Full network redundancy, Long uptime (99,9%), Fully-Integrated monitoring system, Complete protection due to automatic email monitoring for virus detection and cleaning, Full and incremental backups, 24/7 security staff, data center staff (both are on-site) and network operations center.
Its cPanel is extremely easy to manage. For accessing Simple Control Panel on Your Server you need to open a Web browser and then go to: IP address for your dedicated server. And when the Simple Control Panel login screen displays you need to enter the user name and password. After setting up your Virtual Private Server (VPS) account you just need to click Login.
It has Award-winning 24/7 technical support team. If any issue occurs and you do not know what to do then you are not alone. There are hundreds of smart and friendly web pros who are always ready to help you over the phone.
Godaddy plus points are – it is cheap, integrates products well, offers unlimited bandwidth and security. It has quality WordPress auto-install. Also it has good customer support team with very little down-time and it has latest technology too.
Godaddy negative points are – it has custom hosting panel, stance On SOPA/PIPA, its marketing Is Weird, limitation of Diskspace and Databases and very restrictive On Data. The number of allowed email accounts and MySQL databases is also lesser as compare to its competitors.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If because of any reason you want to cancel Godaddy Web Hosting Service then there is not any problem. Godaddy offers the refund of Domains – First 5 days from the domain registration; and Hosting – First 15 days from the registration. Moreover, If it exceeds 15 days, you will be able to get partially refund from the un-used time. You will get the refund from Godaddy within one week, through Paypal or Credit Card.
GoDaddy finds 75% of Americans trust domain based emails.
If we see as a whole then Godaddy is a good web hosting company. It is cheap, easy to install and fast. Although, it has limited features however if you do not have any need of doing anything fancy then is a good choice. It integrates well with domain names. If you want all-in-one solution then go for this web hosting company.