In 2011, iWeb became a private entity and came in to being in 1996 as Formation et Technologies Formatek. It is now managed by Novacap Technologies III with four datacenters in Canada. Its initial focus was to offer web hosting services. Shared hosting comes under another brand called Funio. iWeb is popularly known for its dedicated server hosting and has increased its services to collocation and managed services. Till now iWeb is known to be a proud web hosting provider of approximately 21,000 contended customers. iWeb’s operations are managed in Canada’s Montreal area.
Dedicate Server plans consist of four packages: Single Processor, Dual Processor, Storage and Performance. Its features include: Dual Intel® Xeon®, 2.4GHz to 3.5GHz, 6 – 24 cores, 64 – 256 GB RAM, 12 – 30 TB traffic, 4TB storage + SSD with availability of SATA, SAS, SSD, NAS, SAN, RAID Hardware and Software, Dedicated load balancer, 100 Mbps/1Gbps ports standard (10Gbps available) and firewall.
Cloud Servers pack comes in Linux and Windows system. It provides secured cloud data storage, powered by green energy, with 50GB – 250GB SSD, 1GB RAM 1 vCPU to 8GB RAM 8 vCPU, SolidFire SSD Storage with guaranteed QoS.
iWeb: Features and Control Panel
- Around 1 – 8 vCPUs are provided so as to ensure stable performance of cloud.
- Internal bandwidth is free.
- Only pre-installed CentOS operation system is made to operate.
- Around 100GB-1TB public bandwidth is offered, for a limited time.
- RAID is available for additional fees.
- Company owned control panel.
- Disk Space includes 10 GB-80 GB storage provision.
Users have the provision to have 24/7 solid assistance in different languages: English, Spanish and French. In-house technical staff is very friendly and accommodating while providing support via other modes including: toll-free number for more than 30 countries, live chat and tickets. Company also supports Knowledgebase and blog which elaborates basic queries with the help of screenshots. Company forum facilitates customer interaction in three languages.
iWeb Uptime Report
With updated hardware and effective management network management, iWeb has sustained its 100% network uptime guarantee. In case of failure to keep up this guarantee, the customer is entitled for a credit of one day’s free service in lieu of 15 minutes’ of downtime. A 4 hour hardware replacement guarantee is also provided to the customers. Customers can subscribe to RSS feeds or email to get regular system status.
- Customer service is fast to respond.
- Great for corporations.
- 10GB free traffic is provided.
- 100% uptime SLAs which means no downtime.
- Robust server hardware with fast deploying options.
- Unrelenting support and effective pricing.
- Intuitive interface and features for easy website building.
- Billing and refund issues at cancellation have been reported.
- Only CentOS is provided.
- Fewer template and custom-design option in Apple`s iWeb as compared to other web design software.
- Long support response time registered.
- There is no full money back guarantee.
- Tech support costs minimum $75 an hour.
- Not ideal for small companies or start ups for its costly support.
The user is free to cancel the account and request for refund in case of dissatisfactory services. For cancellation, the client needs to fill Account Termination form. The Company shall detect the bandwidth usage and deduct from user’s account. For mid-term cancellation, the client can make use of Customer Hub control panel or send the request in writing by fax. The user shall be entitled for a pro-rated refund.
iWeb follows a fair pricing policy and the user is satisfied to pay for what has been used. The Company is best suitable for average uses with provision for easy and simple website designing. For any user who wants a premium hosting service, iWeb is the answer. The Company is experienced in its operations and target specific level of customers. Their products and services include Private Cloud, Server Management, Virtualization, Dedicated Servers and Public Cloud.